Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Ready for my vacation

Today is my last day at work before I take four weeks off. It seems like it never slows down anymore. Over the past couple of days four different member's parents have entered into their last days of life and another parent passed away... It's been a rough year: with the economy, with Diane's surgery and with all the illnesses and deaths in our community. I'm not only ready for a break, I really need it.
What am I doing for vacation? We'll be a week at Lewes, DE. We had been at Rehoboth Beach last summer and what we saw of Lewes: quaint, quiet, nice little shops and access to the beach, is what we like. There's not a lot to do - but we'll certainly go to the Outlets in Rehoboth and take the ferry over to Cape May, NJ. Later in the month, I'm also going to spend a long weekend with my parents in Boca. In between, I'd just like to read and exercise. If I can get my body in a little better shape and recharge my mental/spiritual batteries - it will be a great month.
If I read something interesting - I'll blog. Mostly I'm planning to read shlock (Clive Cussler, etc.).
Wishing everyone a restful and rejuvenating July...

No comments:

Post a Comment