Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Starting to recharge even before vacation

It's been scary not being able to read except for work requirements for several months. June has quieted down - to normal busy and I've been able read for myself now for several days. I'm really enjoying Doris Kearns Goodwin's "Team of Rivals." I've always been fascinated by Abraham Lincoln. The story of his political early failures, rise to leadership and ability to work with his former opponents under the incredible stress of the Civil War is truly inspiring. I knew he was one of our greatest Presidents, but reading about his humor, his ability to inspire, to listen to disagreement and see the essence - I wish I had some of these wonderful leadership skills. As I begin my vacation tomorrow I hope finish the book and maybe compose some more comments when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment