Thursday, December 9, 2010

The End of Hanukah for this year

It's been a crazy couple of months with first helping to move my mother from Florida to New York and then my father to be in the same Nursing Home as my mother. I'm beginning to recover from the anxiety and pray that my sisters, who are now proximate to my parents, will not burn out from care giving.

It's been a Happy Hanukah. Services at Kehilat Shalom, Asbury, and Sunrise have been well attended and joyful. Menorah lighting a home is short, but always sublime. The "big" party Saturday night in shul was well attended by mostly youngsters and toddlers - I think everyone had a good time. We had a Shabbat guest and also a nice crowd Sunday night for the holiday at home. It's been a holiday of light - physically and spiritually.

No comments:

Post a Comment